- 2 fresh eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 small red pepper, washed and chopped
- 3 large fresh kale leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning (Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic pepper (Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (Mountain Rose Herbs)
- Optional: Feta cheese
In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, and add the washed and chopped mushrooms. Sauté for about 6-7 minutes, until much of the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms, and they are slightly browned. Then add the red peppers and Mountain Rose Herbs seasonings. Sauté together for 5 minutes more. In a separate larger skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, and add the chopped kale, cooking on low heat until just wilted (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from heat. Once the mushrooms and red peppers are done, transfer into a bowl and set aside. In another small bowl, add the two eggs and whisk lightly. In the same medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon butter and add the whisked eggs, Let cook on low heat for about 3 minutes, until the eggs firm up and can be flipped all in one piece. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, adding the sautéed mushrooms and red peppers (and optional feta cheese) onto the top of the eggs. If there’s extra veggies, add to the greens!
Serve immediately with a side of greens and extra vegetables, and a cup of hot tea. Sprinkle a bit more salt or seasonings on top of the eggs if desired.