- 1 bunch Dandelion greens, coarsely chopped
- Half as much mustard greens, coarsely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved / thinly sliced
- 1/2 head of red leaf lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed sprouts
- 1 small bunch rapini
- 1/2 cup small nuts or seeds (sunflower, sesame, pistachios, hemp or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp favorite honey
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
For the salad: Wash all greens thoroughly, and lightly dry with a towel. Coarsely chop all of the greens and add them to a large serving bowl along with the sunflower seed sprouts (or whatever spring sprouts you’ve got!). In a small skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil and add the rapini. Sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Mix in with the fresh greens. Top with nuts and/or seeds, and the shaved fennel bulb.
For the dressing: In a small glass jar, add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, herbs and dijon mustard. Shake well until blended together and slightly thick. Drizzle over the salad, and enjoy!