- 1 cup dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Reishi mushroom slices
- 3 stalks + tops celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely shopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons turmeric powder
In a large pot or dutch oven, add all ingredients and cover well with filtered water. Cover, and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and let simmer for 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally. The longer the simmer, the stronger the flavor. Once cooked to your liking, remove from heat and let stand for about 20 minutes. Strain out all of the veggies and mushrooms and save the liquid broth in glass containers. Freeze or store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Optional extra add-in’s: astragalus root slices (neutral), ashwagandha root (sweet), dandelion root (bitter), burdock root (bitter), fennel seed (sweet).